St. Petka's Monastery was built in the 16th century, while the existing monastic church was built in the 19th century. For a long time, this monastery was under the Diocese of Ohrid, while being within the administrative boundaries of the County of Bitola. The monastery was in a rather poor state of repair until 1724, when, as historical evidence shows, it was restored by a priest named Dionysius. The fire that broke out in the late 19th century consumed its iconostasis, icons and most of the church's contents However, the damaged sections were soon restored with the help of the congregation. the church occupies the centre of the monastery, its east, south and west walls being flanked by the monastic chambers whose high balconies are connected and form a single ensemble. The congregation flocks to this monastery every August 8th to celebrate the monastery's feast.
Sveta Petka - 2008